Social media is one of the most important marketing channels there is, yet people in 2013 still claim they don’t have time to dedicate to managing their automotive social media marketing presence. Well, they won’t get any sympathy for us. We’ve managed every kind of social network there is, and we know that all you need to do a good (but not great) job is 30 minutes a day. That’s all, just 30 minutes. You probably spend that long on coffee breaks throughout the day, so why not dedicate it to something that will actually help your business grow?
Let’s take a look at the 30 minute plan.
Here’s the breakdown developed by Matt Wesson, a talented social media strategist working at the marketing automation company Pardot.
- Twitter – Allocate approximately 10 minutes a day to Twitter for responding to any brand mentions and retweets, scheduling new messages, and share content of industry influencers.
- Facebook – Allot approximately 6 minutes a day to respond to comments, like content from clients and/or industry leaders, and share highly visual content (videos and pictures) because they have the highest engagement rate.
- LinkedIn – Designate 6 minutes a day to share content or news on your company profile, share new content and join discussions in relevant industry groups, and ask questions on your company profile and in groups.
- Pinterest – Assign approximately 4 minutes a day to pinning any new and relevant company content, repin relevant pins from industry influencers and respond to comments on your pins.
- Google+ – Allocate as little as 2 minutes a day to posting new content on your Google+ company page and asking your followers questions.
- Instagram – Set aside around 2 minutes a day to share behind the scene photos of your company, new visual content you have created, and inspiring quotes.
That’s all it takes. Here’s the strategy again in infographic format so you can print it out and hand it next to your desk: